Sunday, May 03, 2009

Whose neighbor am I?

LESSONS FROM THE GOOD SAMARITAN!

Luke 10: 25-37

INTRO: Jesus' teachings brought forth many reactions. In this passage we find a religious leader seeking to justify himself. Jesus turns the tables on him.

 

FOUR QUESTIONS

   What must I do to inherit eternal life? (25)

   How do you understand the Law? (26)

   Who is my neighbor? (29)

   Who was neighbor to the man in need? (36)

 

FOUR GROUPS OF PEOPLE

   Robbers who took what they could.

   Man in need.

   Potential helpers. (Priest and Levite)

   A compassionate stranger. The Samaritan.

 

REASONS SOME WOULD NOT HELP

   Personal danger

   Blame the man. He should not have been there.

   Inconvenient delay

   Possibly make one unclean

 

THE CHALLENGE TO COMPASSION

   Whose neighbor can I be?

   What kind of neighbor am I?

   Love seeks the best for others, not for self.

   Make it personal. Who around you needs something?

      Will you be compassionate and help them?

      Or will you find some reason to pass by on the other side? 

Forgive me God, when I do not have time for your people!

When I trust Jesus for eternal life, He will change my life.

 

The bottom line: Ask whose neighbor can I be? Who can I help?

====================

May 3, 2009, Greenville Southern Baptist Chruch

 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?