Wednesday, March 25, 2015

For this Reason!

John 12:27-32 (NASB)
 Jesus is speaking:
27  "Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
28  "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."
29  So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, "An angel has spoken to Him."
30  Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.
31  "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
32  "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."
+++++++++++++++++++
LAST WORDS: My pastor is doing a sermon series on the last words of Jesus -- the things He said from the cross. I too have done such a series, so I thought it fitting that I do it here. I have chosen to add one and talk about the 8 last words. 7 from the cross and this one just before the cross.
In this passage we find the human side of Jesus expressing the agony of facing death for people who were rejecting Him. He asked himself if he should ask to be delivered from the death He knew was coming. He answered Himself: "No, for this purpose I came." Jesus came to die. The shadow of the cross was over the manger.
As we approach the celebration of the empty tomb, commonly called Easter, lets take a little time somewhere to think about the real meaning of it all. In the next week, I want to lead us in those thoughts as we contemplate that Jesus came to give His perfect life for the payment of our sin debt. This was a debt we cannot pay! Only He could! In John 14:6 He says, "I am the way, the truth, the life. No one comes to the Father, EXCEPT through Me!"
+++ That is His purpose! Have you accepted His payment? If so, what is your purpose?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?