Thursday, March 05, 2015

Trusting God

Psalm 22:1-5
1  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
why art thou so far from helping me,
and from the words of my roaring?
2  O my God, I cry in the daytime,
but thou hearest not;
and in the night season, and am not silent.
3  But thou are holy,
O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4  Our fathers trusted in thee:
they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5  They cried unto thee, and were delivered:
they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
++++++++++++++++++
   This is a special psalm! The first line is what Jesus said from the cross. Some feel he was exclaiming victory with these words, because this psalm ends in victory! Perhaps so!
But as I look at these opening verses, two things occur to me.
   First is that these are the cries of one who prays but is seeming to get no answer. But he has hope because God has provided for his forefathers in their need. So it seems he is trusting God in the silence because of history.
   The second thing that occurs to me is a question. Am I leaving a legacy that will cause my children to trust in God? Something to think about!
   At any rate, we are challenged to trust God in the silence when it seems He does not hear our prayers. Indeed, we are assured in many places that He does, but sometimes His timing is not our timing, and we misunderstand Him. So lets trust Him and leave an example for others.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?