Tuesday, March 24, 2015

TRUSTING GOD

Johan 1:17-2:4 (NASB)
17  And the LORD appointed a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the stomach of the fish three days and three nights.
2:1  Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the stomach of the fish,
2  and he said,
"I called out of my distress to the LORD,
And He answered me.
I cried for help from the depth of Sheol:
You heard my voice.
3 "For You had case me into the deep
Into the heart of the seas,
And the current engulfed me.
All Your breakers and billows passed over me.
4  "So I said, 'I have been expelled from Your sight.
Nevertheless I will look again toward Your holy temple.'"
++++++++++++++++++++++
Jonah is reflecting on his plight when he ran from God's direction.
Because of his rebellion, he found himself in quite a situation!
In the belly of a specially prepared fish!
But Jonah came to his senses while there, and turned to God for help.
    We will probably never find ourselves in the belly of a big fish, but we will no doubt find ourselves in a storm, sometimes brought on by our failures!
   What will be our response? Hopefully we will follow Jonah's example and turn to God. When we commit ourselves to God through Jesus Christ, God has promised to never leave or forsake us. But He has not said we will not have problems. It is in the midst of those problems/storms that our faith is tested (proved). So when troubles arise (rather of our making or not) let us be quick to turn to God and see His answer. For Jonah it was to be spit out on dry ground -- any place is better than in the belly of a big fish!
   Sometimes God's deliverance does not come the way we expect it, but it will come when we turn to Him. Remember, He is always there!
   So whatever storm you may be going through, turn your heart toward God and watch Him deliver you! Have a God blessed day!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?