Friday, March 04, 2016

Life from the Father!

Proverbs 4:1-5 (NKJV)
1 Hear, my children, the instruction of a father,
And give attention to know understanding;
2 For I give you good doctrine:
Do not forsake my law.
3 When I was my father's son,
Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
4 He also taught me, and said to me;
"Let your heart retain m words;
Keep my commands, and live.
5 Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
+++++++++++++
While we recognize Solomon as the immediate author, we acknowledge God
as the ultimate author and all that follows as coming from Him. In this
proverb, he talks about getting wisdom in relationship to our heart and
the way we walk. In this way we protect ourselves from evil and attain
long life!
Indeed God's word is the source of instruction which leads to life.
That eternal life is through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior.
Through the Proverbs we are encouraged to hear the Father. Hearing in
this means also obeying what we hear!
Lets listen, obey, and bring glory to Him!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?